Kink 102: Version for Couples (all orientations) & Singles (M-F pairings)
May 27, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
A continuation of Kink 101, for those who want more of a “hands-on the toys and tools” experience.
Tagline for Fetlife event:
Time to get on the toys!
Kink 102 is the practical, hands-on follow-up to Kink 101.
After revisiting group agreements, the day-long workshop is divided into four chunks: impact play (with a focus on spanking), restraint play (using full body wrapping), sensation play, and in the final quarter we will bring everything together into a scene. Each chunk will include theory, demonstration, and hands-on practice.
This workshop is focussed around information and learning goals rather than hedonistic experience, but of course both are possible. You are welcome to work with a chosen partner, or be matched with someone at the start of each practice.
INTENSITY: Two or three out of four chillies – it’s a light mood, but involves more obviously kinky play.
WHO FOR: Those that liked the feel of Kink 101, and are ready for more of a “hands on the toys” experience. It is mandatory that participants have already done Kink 101, so that we’re all on the same page around how communication and consent works in this context.
WHO NOT FOR: Not for anyone that hasn’t done Curious Creatures’ Kink 101 workshop.
WHAT EXERCISES / ACTIVITIES?: As described above.
WILL THERE BE PARTNER WORK?: Yes.
HOW WILL PARTNERING BE DONE?: People that arrive together are welcome to work exclusively with each other. People that arrive as singles will be partnered by the facilitator using a random number system, where people that identify as women will be paired with people that identify as men.
CAN YOU WORK WITH AN EXISTING PARTNER / FRIEND?: Yes.
NUDITY / SEXUAL CONTENT: Some people will probably explore some level of undress for some activities; this may include full nudity. The workshop is about sex and sexual expression, which may include people in states of arousal. You don’t need to get naked.
COMMITMENT: You may sit out of any activity you don’t want to participate in, or do it only to the level that’s right for you.
RATIO EXPERIENTIAL / THEORETICAL: 67% practical, 33% theory.
BRING: Snacks, water bottle.
WEAR: Whatever you’re comfortable in.
TICKETS, LOGISTICS, LATE POLICY
Tickets are released in ‘rounds’, where ‘round one’ tickets are cheaper, to encourage you to book in early. There is no other difference between the ‘rounds’ of tickets.
For this workshop, tickets range in price from $90 to $140.
It is never possible to buy tickets on the door, nor by paying with cash. See our FAQ for more information on this.
Unless otherwise stated, workshops start at the advertised time, and doors will be locked ten minutes later. This is because late arrivals interrupt the dynamic of the group, and will miss crucial safety information.
ABOUT CURIOUS CREATURES
Curious Creatures believe in sexual empowerment, self-development, community, consent, and communication. We pursue these aims by running workshops, producing a podcast (‘Curious Conversations About Sex’), hosting events, speaking publicly, and writing about topics close to our hearts.
Find out more about us, and check out our other workshops: https://
You’re going to love our podcast: https://
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR
Roger Butler is the driving force behind Curious Creatures, along with some very special co-facilitators. Roger Butler was brought up white, middle-class, mostly heterosexual, and male. In addition to that lineage, they now identifies as kinky, tantric, polyamorous, queer, and very, very curious. Their training is in Process Oriented Psychology and the facilitation of groups, coupled with an extensive education in sexuality.
Rog has been creating and facilitating Curious Creatures sexuality workshops for six years. Prior to this they facilitated well over a thousand workshops across various industries. They’re easily one of Australia’s most prolific sexuality workshop facilitators.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By making this booking, I confirm that:
– I will not reveal the names or any personal details of any person in the workshop (except the facilitators).
– I have no reason to believe I am likely to fall into an altered states of consciousness (such as extremely strong moods, psychotic or schizophrenic states, numbness, trauma response) where I am unable to communicate and look after myself.
– I am able to take responsibility for saying ‘no’ to any activity, experience or exchange that is not right for me. I will put my knowledge of my body and my psychology ahead of anything I am asked to do.
– I have free will, and if I need to leave the workshop at any time, I can. If I do, I will let the facilitator know I am leaving if it’s possible to do so, or get in touch with the facilitator/s afterwards to let them know why I left.
– I am an adult and I understand that many of Curious Creatures’ workshops are about sex and sexual practices. I understand that while the organisers are strongly committed to safety, there is no such thing as a ‘safe space’, and that I am responsible for my own safety.
– I don’t believe I am currently suffering from trauma or abuse.
– I can understand complex instructions given in English.
– I have read and agree to the refund policy, at https://