Kink 101 – version for all couples, & singles (hetero pairings)
December 16 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Kink 101: A beginner’s guide to kink, bdsm and other interesting stuff
‘Kink’ (noun): A sharp twist or curve in something that is otherwise straight.
If you’re curious about kinky stuff, or you’ve played a little bit but want a more solid foundation, then this space is for you. This workshop will provide you with the knowledge and attitude you need to pursue kink safely, at your own pace, while giving you a feel for what is possible. It will present information in a way that is positive, accessible, fun, and empowering.
You don’t need any background knowledge or experience. Subject material is approached with a sense of humour and a deep respect for getting the fundamentals correct first. The workshop will establish:
• A quick review of the world of kink – what’s possible, what it’s about, why people like it.
• Safety – what parts of your mind and body are good to play with, and what you should leave for later. How to avoid abuse, and how to negotiate play. How to pick a wickedly good play partner from one to avoid.
• A discovery of your own pleasure, pain, and limitations, and simple techniques to provide this feedback to a partner.
• Roles and jargon – what’s a sub, dom, top, bottom, switch, and how do you fit into all that?
• The curve of a kinky scene: Negotiation, foreplay, warm-up, action, cool-down, and after-care.
• How communication is your gateway to a world of adventure.
INTENSITY: Two out of four chillies. Most people experience this workshop as a gentle introduction, some people experience it as challenging (kink can be triggering).
WHO FOR: The curious. Couples where one or both parties have played a little, and want more information and guidance. Couples who haven’t played with kink, but might like to. Couples of any any gender or sexual orientation. Singles with a similar level of curiosity, and who are happy to do defined activities with other singles on a heterosexual basis – meaning, people that identify as ‘women’ will be paired with people that identify as ‘men’.
WHO NOT FOR: Probably not for highly experienced players, unless they’re just checking out how other folks do things. Single people that don’t identify as ‘men’ or as ‘women’, or that for whatever reason would be more comfortable in the ‘gender blender’ version of this workshop.
WILL THERE BE PAIR-WORK? Yes.
HOW WILL PAIRING BE DONE? Couples (of any gender or sexual orientation) are welcome, and welcome to work exclusively with each other. People arriving as singles (or couples that want to play with other people) will be paired via a random number system, where those that identify as ‘men’ will be paired with those that identify as ‘women’. Please note, all exercises can be taken only to the level that’s right for you at the time. Also note there is a ‘gender blender’ version of this workshop.
CAN YOU WORK EXCLUSIVELY WITH ONE PARTNER? Yes, if you buy ‘couples’ tickets.
NUDITY: Some participants may choose to work with partial nudity for some exercises but this is not an expectation.
SEXUAL CONTENT: The workshop is primarily about various forms of sexual expression.
COMMITMENT: You may sit out of any activity, or participate only to a level that’s right for you.
RATIO OF DISCUSSION TO EXPERIENTIAL: About 50/50 percent.
BRING: Water bottle, your own snacks.
WEAR: Whatever you’re comfortable in. There is no dress code.
PRICE: $70 – $100.
Pricing is in three rounds: twelve tickets at $70, six tickets at $90, and unlimited tickets at $100. Effectively, this means getting in early to get a concession / early-bird / discounted ticket!
BOOK TICKETS: https://www.trybooking.com/HSBK
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR:
Roger Butler is an exceptional facilitator. He has a diploma in facilitation, and extensive postgraduate training in psychology and working with groups. This is backed up by experience designing and running around a thousand workshops over the course of 20 years, and it results in a learning experience that is fun, accessible, consistently high quality, and about as safe as sex gets.
Roger lives and breathes a very sex-positive and body-positive existence. He offers a model of consent that goes beyond simply getting appropriate permissions; consent becomes the very thing that turns everyday sex into superb sex.
Roger is all for sexual experience as simple hedonistic pleasure, but can also make a great case for how good sex communications skills lead to world peace and political change! He is well schooled in kinky sex, ‘normal’ sex, and modern tantra practices (including the Urban Tantra professional training program).
He is a passionate advocate of gender equality in a way that is genuinely welcoming of women, men, and people of other gender identities. He established Curious Creatures in 2011, and is the principal facilitator.
Curious Creatures run a wide variety of kink, tantra, sex-positivity, and psychology workshops. The best way to stay informed of upcoming events is to join the Community and Events Newsletter here: http://www.curiouscreatures.biz/contact.html
Generic fine-print for Curious Creatures workshops:
By booking a place at this workshop I confirm:
– I will not reveal names or identifiable details of any workshop participants
– I have no history of falling into altered states of consciousness (e.g. extremely strong moods, psychotic or schizophrenic states, numbness) where I am unable to communicate and look after myself
– I will take responsibility for saying ‘no’ to any event, experience or exchange that is not right for me, regardless of how simple or intense the experience may seem. It is always my right to say ‘no’
– If at any point during the course of the workshop I feel it is not right for me, I may leave. I will try to get in touch with facilitators afterwards to let them know why I left
– I am an adult and I understand that this workshop contains adult content.