Curiously Social Creatures
March 16 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
People can be fun. Talking with people and getting to know them can be really fun!
The social event ‘Curiously Social Creatures’ begins with a couple of fun little mingling activities, then the rules for the main game are introduced: ‘Curious Q&A’. This is a structured way of having conversations with about five other people, at times funny, at times profound, at times… what…ever you want it to be.
It’s a way of getting to know people that doesn’t hinge on the usual social laws; the structure allows people that normally carry the conversational load to sit back and relax, and it allows for quieter people to be heard.
It’s a bit like speed-dating. Except it’s not quick, and nor is it about dating. And nor does it feel like a dating or pick-up event. But you do get to connect with a bunch of folks.
INTENSITY: You can get into some deep conversations, but most people regard this as fairly gentle; one, or maybe two, out of four chillies.
WHO FOR: Anyone that is interested in meeting people and having real conversation.
WHO NOT FOR: Not for people that don’t like people.
WHAT EXERCISES / ACTIVITIES?: Some quick mingling pair-work exercises at the start, then ‘Curious Q&A’ in groups of 5-7 people.
WILL THERE BE PARTNER WORK?: Yes – some quick verbal exchanges at the start. Then most of the time is spent in small groups playing ‘Curious Q&A’.
HOW WILL PARTNERING BE DONE?: Randomly.
CAN YOU WORK WITH AN EXISTING PARTNER / FRIEND?: No. (But not really relevant).
NUDITY: No nudity in this workshop (We mention this because we run a lot of sexuality workshops).
SEXUAL CONTENT: No sexual content, however sexually themed questions have been known to happen.
COMMITMENT: You can ‘pass’ on any question that’s not right for you. You can also answer only to the level that’s right for you; you don’t have to give up your life’s secrets if you don’t want to.
RATIO EXPERIENTIAL / THEORETICAL: Mostly experiential. There’s a small amount of theory, just to explain the rules of ‘Curious Q&A’.
BRING: Whatever snacks you might want.
WEAR: Anything; there is no dress code.
TICKETS, LOGISTICS, LATE POLICY
Tickets are released in ‘rounds’, where ‘round one’ tickets are cheaper, to encourage you to book in early. There is no other difference between the ‘rounds’ of tickets.
Tickets range in price from $15 to $30.
It is never possible to buy tickets on the door, nor by paying with cash. See our FAQ for more information on this.
This workshop, ‘Curiously Social Creatures’, is the only Curious Creatures workshop where we’ll let you in if you’re more than 10 minutes late. Obviously, we’d prefer you to be on time, but if you get delayed, you should turn up anyway.
Tickets (public – all welcome!): https://
ABOUT CURIOUS CREATURES
Curious Creatures believe in sexual empowerment, self-development, community, consent, and communication. We pursue these aims by running workshops, producing a podcast (‘Curious Conversations About Sex’), hosting events, speaking publicly, and writing about topics close to our hearts.
Find out more about us, and check out our other workshops: https://
You’re going to love our podcast: https://
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR
Roger Butler is the driving force behind Curious Creatures, along with some very special co-facilitators. Roger Butler was brought up white, middle-class, mostly heterosexual, and male. In addition to that lineage, they now identifies as kinky, tantric, polyamorous, queer, and very, very curious. Their training is in Process Oriented Psychology and the facilitation of groups, coupled with an extensive education in sexuality.
Rog has been creating and facilitating Curious Creatures sexuality workshops for six years. Prior to this they facilitated well over a thousand workshops across various industries. They’re easily one of Australia’s most prolific sexuality workshop facilitators.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By making this booking, I confirm that:
– I will not reveal the names or any personal details of any person in the workshop (except the facilitators).
– I have no reason to believe I am likely to fall into an altered states of consciousness (such as extremely strong moods, psychotic or schizophrenic states, numbness, trauma response) where I am unable to communicate and look after myself.
– I am able to take responsibility for saying ‘no’ to any activity, experience or exchange that is not right for me. I will put my knowledge of my body and my psychology ahead of anything I am asked to do.
– I have free will, and if I need to leave the workshop at any time, I can. If I do, I will let the facilitator know I am leaving if it’s possible to do so, or get in touch with the facilitator/s afterwards to let them know why I left.
– I am an adult and I understand that many of Curious Creatures’ workshops are about sex and sexual practices. I understand that while the organisers are strongly committed to safety, there is no such thing as a ‘safe space’, and that I am responsible for my own safety.
– I don’t believe I am currently suffering from trauma or abuse.
– I can understand complex instructions given in English.
– I have read and agree to the refund policy, at https://